This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.canada-uk.org (our site). This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.canada-uk.org is a site operated by the Canada-United Kingdom Chamber of Commerce (we, us, our, the Company or the Chamber) is incorporated in England with company number 223529. Our registered office is at Canada House, Trafalgar Square, London SW1Y 5BJ.
We have notified as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• To make derogatory, inflammatory, insulting, hateful or defamatory comment or to air comment or opinions that may reasonably be viewed as extreme, hateful, insulting or defamatory.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any person (including, without limitation minors) in any way.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any content, material or other information which does not comply with our content standards described below.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• Not to provide false or misleading details in connection with an application to become a registered user of our site.
• Not to post any comment or blog entry using a pseudonym, false or inaccurate or misleading details as to your identity.
• Not to impersonate anyone and not to access our site using another registered users’ login credentials.
• Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our site,
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored,
• any software used in the provision of our site, or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitations functionality that permits:
• content uploading
• blogging and microblogging
• website linking
• file sharing
• the creation of communities
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide information to you about the kind of service offered and how to use it from a technical perspective.
The Company is incorporated to make available our site which is intended to fulfil a service in pursuit of the Mission and objectives of the Chamber. The Chamber’s Mission is to be the foremost non-governmental authority on all aspects of two-way trade and investment between Canada, the UK and Europe. The objectives include working for the interests of companies from both sides of the Atlantic, whether for exporters, importers, inward or outward investors. The Company has very limited resources and cannot necessarily moderate, vet, oversee or monitor all or any interactive service that we make available, or any of the content, information, comment or opinions that are uploaded to our site nor are we under any obligation to do so.
We exclude for us and our officers and members all liability and responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not or any reliance that a user may place upon any content, information, comment or opinion that is uploaded to our site.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties whom we may from time to time allow to advertise on or feature content on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of that advertising or content (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is not allowed.
If you encounter any difficulties with or wish to report any apparent breaches of this acceptable use policy by other users please contact us using the Contact Us functionality on the website.
These content standards apply to any and all material, comment, opinion or other information or statement which you post, upload, transmit or otherwise contribute to or via our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.Contributions must:
• Be accurate (where they state facts).
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
• Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted, uploaded or transmitted.
Contributions must not:
• Contain any material which is derogatory, inflammatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, insulting or defamatory of any person or organisation.
• Contain or promote sexually explicit material.
• Promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Contain plagiarised materials, falsely attribute authorship or pass off someone’s efforts or goods as your own.
• Contain or permit the making of any malicious falsehood (including without limitation slander of title, slander of goods or product disparagement).
• Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of, or belonging or licensed to any other person.
• Be likely to mislead or deceive any person.
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.• Contain any misstatements including without limitation any negligent misstatement.
• Breach the confidence or privacy of any person or organisation.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to insult, harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Be likely to harm us, our business, our reputation or that of any other person or organisation including without limitation the Chamber.
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that they emanate from the Chamber or any of our officers or members or any other guest or attendee of any events hosted or arranged by the Chamber.
• Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our site. When we became aware that a breach of this policy has or may have occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms of Website Use upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded or transmitted by you to our site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Issue of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach or investigating the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude for us and our officers and members all liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.